Concerned about a member of staff or volunteer?
It is important to know that abuse can happen in different places e.g. at a school, youth club or sports club. As a parent you can report this to a senior manager within the organisation. You can also report to the Bromley Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) if you suspect that a member of staff or volunteer that works with children or young people has:
- Behaved in a way that has harmed a child, or may have harmed a child;
- Possibly committed a criminal offence against or related to a child; or
- Behaved towards a child or children in a way that indicates s/he would pose a risk of harm if they work regularly or closely with children
LADO contact detail: 0208 461 7775 / 0208 313 4325 or Childrenâs Social Care Out of hours Emergency Duty Team 0300 303 867
You have an important role in ensuring that the sports club and sporting activities your child is engaged in are safe. To find out more about what you can do contact the NSPCC Child Protection in Sport Unit.
Tips on questions to ask include:
- Does the organisation have a Child Protection Policy?
- Does the sports club ensure that all staff and volunteers have an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check?
- Does the sports club provide training and education?
- What safeguarding arrangements are in place for activities away from home?
- What safeguards does the club put in place to protect children?