Are you caring for a parent and/or siblings? Then you're a young carer. You don't need to do it alone, support is available. Contact Carers Bromley Freephone Helpline 0800 015 7700.
Phone: 0800 015 7700
Web Link: https://www.carersbromley.org.uk/services-for-carers/young-carers.html
Carers Bromley supports carers of all ages living in the London Borough of Bromley. The Young Carers Service supports young people who are aged between 4-18 years and who live in a family where someone is affected by a long term illness, disability, mental health issue, alcohol or substance misuse or HIV.
The Young Carers Service aims to provide the following:
- Home visits
- One to one support, opportunities to talk to someone who will listen – please click here for more information.
- Opportunities to meet other young carers
- Activities (during school holidays)
- Health information sessions (Over 10s)
- Young Carers Forum (over 11s)
- Teenage Support Group (over 15's)
- Help with accessing funding
- The Young Carers Service has a library of young person friendly literature for young carers, click here for list of examples, please contact them on freephone 0800 015 7700 to find out more.
Watch these BBC Newsround animated videos with some of our local young carers explaining what a young carer is.