Bromley Safer Schools App supporting professionals to keep children safer online
The Bromley Safer Schools App is now available to the children's workforce in Bromley and it costs nothing to download to provide access to advice, guidance and CPD accredited training, with a specific focus on making children and young people safer in the online world.
In these unprecedented times, we know everyone is spending more time at home and using social media to ensure that physical distancing does not become social isolation. The positive power of technology will help keep our community digitally connected but we also know that more time spent online and in isolation by our children can lead to greater levels of risk.
The significance of this risk should not be underestimated, and neither should the need for us to accelerate our response to support our community at this time.
About Your App
The app is ordinarily designed for use by individual schools but due to the Covid-19 pandemic, it has been temporarily released by Bromley for use by all other safeguarding professionals.
Downloading the app
· Decide which version to download. If you work with both primary and secondary school age children, we’d suggest you download the secondary school version.
· Simply follow the steps set out in the images below
· Once downloaded you will need to scan the relevant QR code below or manually enter the 4 digit entry code to see the Bromley specific app. It is available for both Apple and Android phones from the relevant app store. Primary school code is 3137 and the secondary school code is 6676.
· Make sure to allow push notifications to keep up to date with tips, advice and guidance on how to make your pupils safer.
· For any queries and for further information and about the App please contact Safer Schools using the details below or using the blue live chat function on the bottom left hand side of website oursaferschools.co.uk.
· Safer Schools Partnership – 02896 005 777