Bromley Safer Schools App for parents and carers launched
The Bromley Safer Schools App is now available free to all parents, grandparents and carers of children and young people who live in Bromley or attend school in Bromley.
The app is already used by over 5000 schools across the UK. It will cost you nothing to download to provide access to advice and guidance on making children and young people safer in the online world.
In these unprecedented times, we know everyone is spending more time at home and using social media to ensure that physical distancing does not become social isolation. The positive power of technology will help keep our community digitally connected but we also know that more time spent online and in isolation by our children can lead to greater levels of risk.
The significance of this risk should not be underestimated and parents and carers need up-to-date, reliable information in order to protect their children. This app provides it.
Downloading the app
- Decide which version to download. If you have both primary and secondary school age children, weâd suggest you download the secondary school version.
- Simply follow the steps set out in the images or follow the instructions below:
- Visit your usual app store (Google Play for android phones or App Store for Apple phones) and download the Safer Schools app.
- Once downloaded you will need to scan the relevant QR code from the image or manually enter the 4 digit entry code to see the Bromley specific app. The parent code for children of primary age is 7440 and the code for parent/carers of secondary aged children is 7675.
- Make sure to allow push notifications to keep up to date with the very latest tips, advice and guidance on how to make your pupils safer.
For any queries and for further information and about the App please contact Safer Schools using the details below or using the blue live chat function on the bottom left hand side of website www.oursaferschools.co.uk
Â· Safer Schools Partnership â 02896 005 777