New way to book BSCP training courses
There is a new way to book on to BSCP Training courses!
From 1st February, we will no longer accept the booking forms sent to Safeguarding.Training@bromley.gov.uk instead you must book via our new learning management system called EVOLVE.
Guidance can be found here but it’s very straightforward and you only need to register once. Once you’re registered on EVOLVE, you can manage your own bookings, cancellations, print certificates and submit evaluations. Managers can see their staff members’ training records. See below for the full benefits.
If you have a pre-existing booking with us for February or March 2021 then it has already been transferred to Evolve for you.
We have ten excellent webinars running between now and the end of the financial year, so take a look at the Diary of Events 2021 and book on using EVOLVE today! New courses are being commissioned all the time.
Our training courses are free to all staff from: LBB, BHC, Kings, CCG, Oxleas, SLAM, Met Police, NPS, CRC, LFB and Bromley based charities with an annual turnover of less than £500k. For all our other partners, including schools and early years settings, some courses do incur a charge but rates are very reasonable and the quality is consistently rated by participants as very good or excellent.
Basic Training: e-learning modules
As ever, access to our online e-learning modules (via ME Learning) is free to absolutely everybody living or working/volunteering in Bromley. Booking on an e-learning course is unaffected by EVOLVE. Our 24 different e-learning courses are great as introductions or refreshers to key safeguarding topics. They form the basics of Level 1 and Level 2 training and are largely suitable for anyone in the children’s workforce or with an interest in keeping children safe. See our online training webpage for more details.
Evolve is a convenient and user-friendly LMS that has the advantage of self-service functionality. This provides learners and managers with more control over the following:-
- Viewing all courses on offer in one place
- Viewing specific course details on one page for easy referral
- Access to learning materials linked to the course
- Booking training
- Cancelling training
- Adding to a waiting list
- Declaring an interest in a course if no dates are available
- Recording attendance
- Completing online evaluations
- Accessing certificates of attendance
- Reminders (when required) to refresh training
- Tracking course progress and completion
- Receiving notifications
- Updating personal profile
- Viewing and tracking team member learning
- Keeping track of attendance
- Running reports
Just like the ME Learning portal for Safeguarding e-Learning, you will have to self-register to access the Evolve site.
How to register (see User guide on our Training Programme webpage for detailed instructions)
- Go to the Evolve site (www.evolve.bromley.gov.uk)
- Create new account
- Complete the registration form (all fields must be completed)
- The registration forms are sent for approval
- Once approved you will receive an email with your log in details
- Go to red circle (Safeguarding) where you will find all the training available to you
- Start booking on to training
For those who have already made bookings with us for the January to March 2021 period, we have transferred these bookings over to the new site. You should have already received an email and outlook calendar confirmation where we will also let you know your login details.
Before registering on the Evolve site please go to the partnership safeguarding webpages to see what training is available to book.
If you have any issues using the Evolve site, please contact email@example.com