How to refer a child

To refer a child or family for an Early Help Service, see the Early Help page.


If you think that a child or young person under the age of 18 years old, who lives in the borough, is being abused or neglected, contact the Children and Families Hub using the contact details below. Outside of office hours and at weekends and public holidays contact the 'out of hours contact' service on 030 0303 8671. If you are seriously concerned about a child's immediate safety, dial 999.

Not all concerns raised about a child will automatically lead to a child protection investigation. Less serious concerns may lead to a more general assessment of need and the provision of services or the offer of advice and information.

Bromley Help, Support & Safeguarding Hub for Children and Families (previously known as MASH Front Door). We call this the 'Children & Families Hub' for short.

Telephone: 020 8461 7373 / 7379 / 7026
Address: Civic Centre, Stockwell Close, Bromley, BR1 3UH

Out of Hours Duty Service: 030 0303 8671

A Referral Into Social Care

Referral form, information and guidance - IF IN DOUBT, ALWAYS CALL THE MASH TEAM FOR ADVICE
We are changing the 'front door' and are working hard on a new online referral form but until that is ready, please continue to use the same referral forms you have previously used.

> Safeguarding_children_poster 2021
> Referrals into MASH re FGM
> Childrens Social Care Referral Form Updated with SoS July 2016.doc
> What happens when you make a referral July 2016.pdf
> Thresholds of Need Guidance 2023
> Government guidance on 'What to do if you are worried a child is being abused' - a guide for practitioners

Referral for CP medical Examinations
> Procedure and referral form for CP medical examination updated April 2020 also includes procedures for suspected sexual assault at SARC (Sexual Assault Referral Centre) at “The Havens” in Camberwell.

> Strategy Discussions in Bromley 2023

ADCS Changing the narrative about children in care

A short film that brings together the views from children and young people in care about the care system and who has made the biggest difference to them.

What other support is available for children and families in Bromley?

The Bromley Council web site has information about resources available for children and families.